Day 9/24 -Chocolate truffles
I always think home-made gifts are the nicest, where time allows. As a chocolate-lover, one of the best presents I can give or receive is home made truffles.
If you’re feeling flush, they’re best with proper minimum 70% cocoa but if not, a 30p 100g bar of dark chocolate from any of the supermarkets will do just fine!
200g dark chocolate
100ml double cream
- Gently heat 100ml double cream in a non-stick saucepan
- Add the chocolate broken in to pieces and stir until melted
- Allow to cool completely (it may need to go in the fridge, depending on the room temperature)
- Scoop into balls – you can use a melon baller for this, but I find it easier to scoop a ball out with a teaspoon and roll with my hands
- Chill in the fridge overnight
- Serve in tiny cake cases and pretty boxes as Christmas gifts