Anything that includes the word ‘luxury’ is unlikely to be super thrifty, but I’m sat on a sun lounger in Croatia with a good friend, courtesy of a last minute deal found on lateluxury.com and we are getting a great deal for the money paid.
– We flew Easy Jet from Bristol. The same flight from Gatwick or Heathrow was £50 more expensive. We kept to hand luggage only meaning no extra fees and booked parking in advance with cashback. You can also use Nectar points to pay for Easy Jet flights (although we didn’t this time around)
– We’re staying two nights at the super fancy Le Meridien and then one night at a cheaper hotel to balance the costs. As we’re only away for 3 nights, that keeps the overall budget down
– We don’t have children so we’ve gone outside of peak season (which has also made it very peaceful here)
– Use of the hotel facilities and a buffet breakfast is included so we’re making the most of these to reduce additional spending
– We’re asking locals for restaurant recommendations to avoid pricier tourist options