Waste not, want not, when cooking with a butternut squash and bake the seeds for a wholesome snack.
1. Scoop out seeds from the squash
2. Wash seeds and pat dry
3. Place on a baking tray covered with baking parchment, spray with Fry Light Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Bake for 10 minutes or so*
* The seeds will obviously cook quicker at higher temperatures. Mine were done at 180℃/Gas Mark 6 as that’s what my dinner required, but if you do at a lower temperature, they will be a bit less crunchy. I like mine both ways 🙂
5. Enjoy a delicious healthy snack, that you might otherwise have thrown away/composted! I love mine straight out of the oven, but they’re a great option for snacking on the go too.