2015 went by like a flash – a whole year already in our new home. Challenging new jobs for both of us meant not as much time to DIY, craft and cook as we’d have liked.
2016 has started in the same crazy fashion, but some time to reflect this weekend (between painting, sofa-shopping and more painting) has led me to the following goals for this year:
1. Use it or lose it. Embrace the KonMari method and regain some control of the chaos that is often our house.
2. Cosy up. Hosting for New Year this year made me realise how non-cosy our home is. Both in the sense that it is cold and draughty and also that it’s not a very comfortable place to relax or entertain. I’d like to make it a warmer, cosier place to be.
3. Get outside more. We took on an allotment at the end of last year, which I’m sure will provide a great excuse to go outdoors. I also want to get back onto my bike and running outside rather than always heading to the gym.
4. Save up for a new kitchen. Maybe the new kitchen will happen this year, maybe it won’t, but either way I’m all set to get down to my thrifty roots and get saving.
5. Learn to say ‘no’. Both personally and professionally, I suck at saying ‘no’ resulting in over-commitment and not doing things as well as I’d like to. This year, I learn to say ‘no’ to things I don’t need in my life and focus more on the things I do.
Here’s to another DIY-filled, action packed year. Hope it’s a good one for you all.