Brussels sprouts are not just for Christmas and if you try this salad you’ll see why! I grabbed a couple of bargain bags of sprouts post-Christmas and this 10p pack is going a long way.
This salad is best served warm and would go nicely with a vinegarette, or is also delicious on its own.
Brussels Sprout Salad (Serves 2)
2 handfuls Brussels sprouts
Small pack pancetta
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cut the ends of off the sprouts and peel off the outer leaves
2. Slice the leek and peel the garlic
3. Pop all of the above, plus lemon juice and seasoning into the food processor and blitz until everything is shredded
4. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, then add the pancetta
5. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the contents of the food processor and cook for another 4 minutes on a medium to high heat, stirring often until everything is tender
6. Serve warm with fresh bread