A jar of lemon curd goes a long way and is a great thrifty way to add zing to a cheesecake. This recipe also doesn’t require much butter, which tends to be what makes baking expensive. It’s also super quick and easy and the results taste delicious. In my opinion, this makes it the perfect summer desert.
Lemon Curd Cheesecake Recipe
For the base:
200g digestive biscuits
30g lemon curd
For the topping:
250g marscapone cheese
150g lemon curd
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1. Place the biscuits in a sandwich bag and seal to close. Bash with a rolling pin until crushed into fine crumbs
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over low heat, then add the biscuits and lemon curd and stir until well combined
3. Line a round cake tin with greaseproof paper and pour the biscuit mix into the base, press down firmly with a potato masher and pop in the fridge
4. In a clean bowl, beat the marscapone, lemon curd and lemon juice until smooth
5. Remove the cake tin from the fridge and spoon the topping on, smoothing with the back of a spoon
6. Return to the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours
This is a super thrifty version, but if you wanted to make an impressive dinner party desert, you could double up the topping to make it taller!