This is my new kitchen:
Hmm, not so inspiring. Sadly, we cannot yet afford a new one (but that doesn’t stop me dreaming on Pinterest).
In the meantime, I’m doing a quick revamp of what we’ve got, to at least try and make it more habitable for the next few months. I quite like the shabby chic look of one of the (two) existing units:
Today, I’m renovating this drawer from the unit above:
So that every time I open it, there’s a tiny little bit of calm amongst the chaos of the rest of the house.
1. Firstly I gave it a super duper clean and removed all of the old lining and the old fixings:
2. I then lightly sanded the drawer to prepare it for painting. I used Dulux Kitchen matt emulsion in Frosted Steel and a small roller to apply, as I prefer the finish a roller achieves:
3. I gave it a few coats…
4. … And then a few more, until it looked covered (I did 3 coats, which used the whole tester pot):
5. I then used some d-c fix adhesive film to line the drawers (I chose mid blue with tiny light blue polka dots, but look at all of the choice on the d-c website:
6. Here’s the finished product (apologies for the quality, had to use my phone for these!)
7. Only trouble is now I want to re-paint the outsides too!
P.S. Check out i heart organizing for some inspiring drawer lining projects, ahhh!