Makes 12 muffins
280g self-raising flour
60g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 pack of blueberries (use Value/Basics ones as you can’t taste any difference in muffins)
Pinch of salt
1. Wash and drain the blueberries, roll in a light coating of flour wrap in a tea towel and set aside to dry completely.
2. Preheat the oven to 210℃/425℉/Gas Mark 7. Line a muffin tin with 12 cases.
3. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, then add the melted butter and the milk.
5. Add the liquid ingredients into the flour mix and stir 10-15 times- do not over-stir or the muffins will become tough.
6. Fold in the blueberries and spoon into the muffin cases bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and well-risen.
7. Remove and leave to cool for as long as you can resist!