This month’s seasonal food is one of my favourite vegetables- asparagus. Here I’m adapting a Slimming World recipe to make a delicious, healthy and vegetarian-friendly asparagus carbonara.
200g asparagus, chopped into 2cm pieces
100g fat free natural yoghurt
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to season
1. Heat a pan of water and once boiling, add the spaghetti, return to the boil and then turn down to simmer gently
2. Meanwhile cook the chopped asparagus, by either boiling (3 mins) or steaming (3-4 mins)
3. Drain and set aside the asparagus
4. In a small bowl, beat the egg lightly with a fork and then add the garlic, parsley and seasoning, whisking with the fork until well combined. Set aside
5. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and then add to a large, lightly oiled non stick frying pan. Add the drained asparagus.
6. Stir and cook the spaghetti and asparagus on a low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes
7. Add the sauce and gently heat for 2-3 minutes until the spaghetti is well-coated (do not allow to boil or the eggs will scramble!)
8. Remove from the heat and serve
This is such a quick and easy dinner- my favourite kind of meal!