I think that cookies are a good way to celebrate all occasions, so here are some fun Easter and spring time cookies. Plus I got to use Yolky (the very cute egg separator) for the first time.
Recipe: Easter Iced Cookies
225g plain flour
1 egg yolk
1-2 tbsps water
Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180℃/350℉/Gas Mark 4
2. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar
3. Using your fingers, rub the cubes of butter into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs
4. Stir in egg yolk and enough water to hold the mixture together, form into a ball
5. Wrap the ball of dough in foil and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
6. Roll out on a floured board to approximately 0.5cm thick and cut into shapes
7. Bake on a greased baking tray in the centre of the pre-heated oven for approximately ten minutes, until lightly golden
Decorate using pastel shades of icing and all manner of pretty sprinkles:
Send some to a friend, if you can bare to spare a few:
And finally, go out and enjoying the beautiful spring sunshine we’ve been having in England today!