Our bedroom blind had suffered as a result of the damp back wall and didn’t really go with the overall scheme (it was a bargain buy before we decorated when we just needed something to block the light). I wanted a dark grey blind to replace it, but didn’t want to spend much money.
I found this John Lewis blind on eBay for £10.59; a bargain because it was damaged, but in the spirit of never judging a book by its cover, I realise it’d work perfectly with a little bit of TLC. I initially planned to replace the buttons, because as you can see, they were either missing or broken.
N thought that buttons were a bit fussy for our simple, Scandi style bedroom and I realised that I could just cut remove the buttons, cut the blind off at the level where the buttons had been and remove and replace the rod in the higher slot.
Now we just need it to get a little warmer so that we can get on and paint that window!